Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I Won't Be Watching Bates Motel

I admit that I was unsure of how the new A&E show Bates Motel was going to be. I love Psycho and am a little protective of my beloved classic horror movies. I watched the pilot episode which I reviewed a few posts back and have tried to watch the second episode, but I just cannot do it. The show is not worth my time.

Here's some of my issues with what I have seen.

- The fact that it's present day yet Norma and Norman dress like it's 1960s is just confusing to me
- Why is it taking place in Oregon? They were in Arizona in the movie.
- The fact that Norman has an older half brother doesn't really make sense to me
- The plot is just slow and I find myself not excited for the next episode
- They keep hinting at stuff, but don't do enough to get you to want to find the answers.

That is more of it for me. Anyone watch the show and actually enjoy it? If so why?

No comments:

Post a Comment