Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Lords of Salem Movie Review

Finally got to watch another horror movie. It's been a while I'm just so busy that it's hard to fit in time to watch movies. I wish we picked a better movie than this. I cannot remembering much about how the movie was advertised, but I don't think it showed much.

Synopsis: I'm not 100% sure what this movie was about, but I believe it was about revenge for the women (yes the actual witches) who died during the witch trials on the family of the man who was responsible.

Review: I think Rob Zombie as a horror writer and director has lost it's appeal. I know I was poorly mistaken when I thought he couldn't doing after watching House of a 1,000s Corpses I was ready for more of his movies. Devil's Rejects was decent and the Halloween reboots were okay. This one by far is the worse. I was bored right from the beginning. I was confused on what was going on and where the story was going.

I feel like there wasn't much put into the movie and either they cut a lot out of the final production or didn't have enough money because the movie just ended and the credits played similar to House of a 1,000 Corpses. I was let down by this movie and felt like we wasted time watching it. So unless you're a huge Rob Zombie fan and have to watch and listen to everything he does don't waste your time on this movie.

I will say that I spent a little time in Salem a few years ago and during the movie was trying to see if I recognized anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment