Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Walking Dead Season 5 episode 1 No Sanctuary


I'm going to try to review this season of the Walking Dead like I did when I watched season 1. Not sure if it's going to happen, but if it does, it won't be up by Monday morning. I work late nights and if I get to see it when I come home on Sundays, I'll be too tired to write it up.

I will say I think this season is very anticipated since season 4 left off with so many questions. It seems like when we start back up there isn't too much time that has gone by. At least it doesn't seem like it. I'm not sure how much I get from Gareth's past other than he became hard due to what happened at the last flashback.



Synopsis: We first see a flashback of Gareth's not sure where he is or what is exactly going on. We then see our survivors still in the train car making weapons for when the terminus group comes for them. When they do come they take Rick, Bob, Glenn and Daryl. We then see men cutting bodies open and sitting a total of 8 men in front of a long sink and drain. Just before they get to our group there are gun shots and an explosion.

We get to see Carol, Tyresse and baby Judith on the tracks heading towards Terminus. Tyresse still cannot kill anything and after Carol does, they realize that a huge pack of zombies is heading towards Terminus. They find a man setting up firecrackers to confuse the zombies. Karen ties him up and heads towards Terminus to find the rest of the group. She shots a propane tank and then fires a firecracker at it to make it blow up.

Our group get out of their confinements and fights there way out. While they are getting their supplies they hide in the woods, they reunite with Carol, Tyresse and Judith. The group sets out towards DC.

Review: I loved this episode. This is why I started to watch it in the first place. I know the cast said it could be too gory and wrong to air on tv and with what we see I can see how that is possible. I do think one little thing I saw that took corny was the bald guy with the bat making practice gold swings in the back ground. It look like they didn't know what to do and just had him to that to have something in the background. Other than that it was a great episode.

I think the flashbacks of Gareth are just to give us a tease as to why he does this.

1 comment: