Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Conjuring Review

I can easily proclaim that my first taste of horror was ghost stories. I vividly remember getting any book I could find on ghost stories as a child. It kept blossoming as I watched horror movies and other media on haunted places. Hell while in Boston I took a haunted ghost tour as well as in Tombstone. So it's a no brainer that I had to see this movie. I am vaguely familiar with the Warrens from all the ghost hunting shows I use to walk but I felt like it was never really put into much focus and this was my first taste at them.



Synopsis: In 1971, Carolyn and Roger Perron move their family into a dilapidated Rhode Island farm house and soon strange things start happening around it with escalating nightmarish terror. In desperation, Carolyn contacts the noted paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren, to examine the house. What the Warrens discover is a whole area steeped in a satanic haunting that is now targeting the Perron family wherever they go. To stop this evil, the Warrens will have to call upon all their skills and spiritual strength to defeat this spectral menace at its source that threatens to destroy everyone involved. From IMDB


Review: I really enjoyed this movie. I was always kept at the edge of my seat wounding what was going to happen next. I thought the story was told well and never was dull. They thought on Annabell just a bit, which was probably why they did the movie on Annabell, which I will do later.

If you like a good ghost story with a little bit of possession then this movie is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment