Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Movie Review: Straw Dogs

If there's any thing I hate more than a crappy horror movie, it's a crappy movie that pretends to be a horror movie. I am not sure what other's thought about this movie based on the trailer, but I thought this was going to be similar to The Strangers.

Synopsis: David Sumner and his wife Amy movie to her Southern hometown. Tensions build between David and the locals that threatens both his and his wife's lives.

Review: Like I said above I thought this movie was going to be more of a horror film, but really it's a thriller without much to be thrilled about. The acting while okay is not that great when Amy, played by Kate Bosworth is scared for her life because their cat was murdered. She acts like she knows something about the anger of her ex Charlie, but she doesn't explain it. It seems like over kill and a silly woman overreacting.

Nothing makes much sense in this movie. I am not sure how the original was and I cannot seem to find a copy of it for comparison. I think it fell very short of being good. While the movies had it's moments I think it was missing something.

Other things that I noticed was Charlie's eyes/stare when Amy does a strip tease for them after feeling violated by them gawking at her. It wasn't a gawk of lust it was... like he was going mad or something. I like he does better as a viking vampire in True Blood.


The only elements of a horror movie was animals were killed, rape and it took place in the south. I was very disappointed to see that this movie had potential to be a horror movie, but did nothing for me.

I would rate this movie with 2 zombies. Don't rent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment