Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Movie Review: Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies


Can we leave the badass presidents alone?! Why do we need them to become supernatural killers? They are already badasses, do we really need to mock them by turning them into zombie or vampire killers?

Well.... if you are a crappy film director who has little imagination you just might need to use a badass president to get a movie idea. At least that what that seems like could be happening. 

Synopsis: A Union troop is sent to take a fort away from the Confederates, but only one man survives and he's talking crazy. Lincoln visits him at a hospital and know exactly what has happened. Zombies have come back, after he dealt with them as a kid. So he forms the Secret Service to help him take not only the fort, but to kill the zombies as well. There are prostitutes to save as well as a young Teddy Roosevelt and the future of the United States. In the end Abraham Lincoln completed his mission, but turned into a zombie himself due to a scratch my a zombie. So he has John Wilkes Booth kill him so no one knows what happened. 



Review: UGH... what a horrible movie. The costumes look too clean, neat and new. The zombie make up looks like crap. White face paint and black smudging under the eyes is not good make-up. The zombies... didn't even act like zombies. I'd call them sleeper zombies. The kind who get killed in their sleep. The acting was horrible, facial hair looked like glued on pubes, and no one gave a crap about some historical information. 

I could go on and on and on about how bad this movie is.  Don't go see it and please don't use this as an example of a good zombie movie... it's crap. 




4 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than a movie that just plain sucks. Not bad enough to be unintentionally funny... just straight up terrible.

    Thank The Asylum, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah while I was laughing and rolling my eyes it wasn't the good kind or reaction and I honestly wanted to turn it off, but couldn't. It was like a really bad car accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reviewing Abraham Lincoln Versus Zombies, Bettie! I have a weekly contest with a couple of my coworkers at DISH to see who can find the best/worst B movie. After reading your review I added it to the top of my Blockbuster @Home rental queue, so I should have it in a day or two; just in time for the contest. This movie looks bad, but I hope it’s enough to beat last weeks “winner”, FDR: American Badass, but that’s going to be a tough one to top. What is it with all of these presidential horror spoofs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say this movie is up there with the worst b movie. wait there's a movie called FDR:American Badass?!! oh geez. I think a) people are running out of ideas for movies and b) since the Abraham lincoln vampire hunter wast written and then turned into a movie others thought they could do well with presidents in a horror movie. I think the worst one is "Maters of Horror" The Washingtonians. Good luck in your contest!!

    ReplyDelete