Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Movie Review: The Thing (1982)

Let's get one thing straight, I am not a fan of anything extraterrestrial or about aliens. Yes, I find the supernatural interesting, but I look at ghosts and mythical or cryptozoological creature as supernatural or paranormal. Aliens aren't my thing, if I had to choose I would choose zombies over aliens hands down. So when it comes to alien movies I am not a fan. Never had been and never will. 

Synopsis: Scientists working in Antarctica are forced to abandon their research after a helicopter crashes near their camp, bringing a lone dog into their midst. But the plot thickens when the otherworldly canine changes form in the middle of the night. As it turns out, the dog is a shape-shifting alien that can attack animals -- and unsuspecting humans. Kurt Russell stars in this creepy John Carpenter-directed remake of the 1950s classic.

Review: As I stated above I am not a fan of alien stuff, movies, conspiracies, and the like. Yes, I did watch E.T. when I was a kid and I liked it, but it was just a simple movie to me back then and I have not seen it since I was little. So to say that this was not a movie on top of my to see list is about right. After seeing the trailer for the prequel that is coming out in a few months I was interested and as usual I had people in shock that I had not seen this movie. Let me tell you I am WAY behind in movies, I wasn't allowed to see a lot of movies when I was a kid and the list is probably huge if I actually tried to make one of all the movies everyone else has seen that I hadn't. 



So with this movie I was surprised that I like it given the fact it is an alien movie and I don't enjoy those kind of movies. It was a movie that always had you guessing who was taken over by the alien. It kept my attention and I was never bored. I am now wondering what is going on and will be seeing the prequel when it coming out. If this is on your list to watch, go ahead and watch it. It's gory, but your typically 80's gore that most movies back then had and not where you want to throw up. The story line is interesting and is original, I don't think aliens in Antarctica is a common thing, but I'm not in the alien circles. See this movie especially, if you are wanting to see the prequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment