Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Resident Evil Viral Website

I thought I would share this, since this game fits right in the with the zombie genre. It was out before zombies became... popular I guess is the correct word. Now I have not played any of the games, so my knowledge is a bit limited, but I must say having a viral website is pretty cool to do before the release.

The game is Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Like I said I have not played any of these games, but this website does make me want to play this one, when it comes out. The premise of the website is to bring you to the Umbrella Science website where you'll learn all about them... actually the website gets hacked by another website called inserted evil where a mysterious man is trying to bring to light (no pun intended) all the bad things that are going on with Umbrella. The website will give you clues weekly and you have to solve them. You can get help from friends via facebook and twitter to help unlock the clues. The first clue is up and no I have not solved it yet.

I will say this is a ingenious idea by Capcom to get people not only excited about the game, but to keep them busy until it comes out on... well that's still unknown according to IGN. I say give the site a looks and if you are into what is going on try to solve the clues. Check out the website at www.umbrellasciences.com

Here's the E3 trailer for the game incase you are curious about the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment