Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Horror of 2011


Since I have been a very bad girl and have neglected you all do to end of the year burn out I am going to try to redeem myself by giving you my top ten list for the year. Now it will be either things I saw or did, or overall news that seems worthy to make it to me list. Not all of you may agree with me, but this is my list. 

10.  Human Centipede- I got to watch the first of this horrible horrible movie. I told you have much I have refuse to see the sequel and guess what we got... the cover art and release date for the second movie. It's going to be release February 14th... I may hate Valentine's Day, but who's bright idea is that? I'm sorry Tom Sixx, I just don't like your movies. 




9. Reboots and Sequels- It feels like this year we had a lot of reboots or talk about reboots plus more additions to horror series. We finally got the Scream franchise finished with Scream 4. There are talks of a Munster's reboot and several of the classic slashers got rebooted as well.





8. Vampires are still overrated- We saw another Twilight movie, the Trublood series 4 and I discovered there was more vampire-human overpopulation in the bookstore... sorry vampires stop being sexy and get scary... at least Fright Night was decent. 






7. "Documentary" Horror Movie- There was several I saw this year and several that came out this year. I am still not sure I buy this genre of movie. Even sadder while Brian and I were watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo there was a trailer for the next exorcism/ documentary movie called The Devil Inside. Most of the audience were whispering to each other how it looked real... insert eye roll.... people they don't film and make money off of exorcisms. 

6. American Horror Story- While many people are in love with this show, I stopped watching after the 3rd episode. I am not sure what it is about this show that bothers me, but it just doesn't speak me to... hard to believe a haunted house bores me. 

5. Rob Zombie- Rockstar turned director Rob Zombie is working on his next movie The Lords of Salem. Let's hope it is as good as House of 1,000 Corpse. 








4. Prequels- Yeah we don't get many big prequels in the horror genre that I can think of, but this year we had The Thing, which was the prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing and the trailer for Prometheus, the Alien's prequel... wonder what is going to happen next with prequels. 






3. Scary marine life- I watched both Piranha and Shark Night this year... both movies should have scared the shit out of me, but they failed miserably. 







2. Hack & Slash- In October I decided to be insane and watch as many movies as I could in 30 days... it cause burnout of horror movies and I haven't watched one since I reviewed, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes... yes, I need to start watching movies again






1. Zombies, Zombies, Zombies- I haven't completely converted to the living dead yet, but this year I started to... accept them. I read World War Z and read two zombie books. 








So there is my list of the top ten horror of 2011. Did I miss anything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment