Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dream House Review

To start off I assumed this movie was like all those other movies out there where people move into their dream house and because it has a horrible past the current residents start to die. Then after seeing a trailer on xbox live looking at movies to rent I thought it was going to be like Shutter Island. So I was expecting nothing different, but I was sort of wrong. Although once I realized what was happening I figured it out. So was it a total bored...

Synopsis: After moving into their dream home the Atenton family find out that there maybe a horrible past that took place there. While trying to uncover the secret Will Atenton gets more than he bargains for and realized the dark truth.




Review: I won't give you more of a synopsis that that incase all you want to know if what the movie is about. Of course I won't give away too much about the movie in my review. I like to stay spoiler free unless it's a movie I know I won't see. This movie I was looking forward to it because I heard it was going to be different and actually scary... Stanley Kubrick's The Shinning was scarier than this movie. Yeah so if you hoped this movie would be a nice haunted house film look else where. It's a psychological thriller at best.

I'm not 100% sure what it is I was looking for, but what I saw was not it. It was just an okay movie. Interesting to watch and nice to just kind of enjoyed it. I think if I did not know of the Shutter Island twist I would have enjoyed it more. Overall, the movie was decent and the actors did a great job. Especially, the two little girls. I never know how young kids can be in movies like this.

So if you want to see a movie that might surprise you or just enjoy movies like this one then rent it. If not, just skip it.




No comments:

Post a Comment