Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Horror Themed 5k Obstacle Races

I am sure you have heard of the muddy/drunk races that are out there. Well now there are horror themed ones. There are two that I know of Run for Your Life and the Devil Dash. Only one of these will be in Phoenix, but both sound and look like fun. I have found some videos of the races I am going to share.

Devil Dash is the one here in Phoenix in October and it's a Dante's Inferno themed with obstacles that take your through the 7 layers of Hell, the site says purgatory, but I have read the Inferno and the layers mentioned are in that, not Purgatory. Two different places, but that is besides the point. I have been wanting to get into shape and think training for this is the best way to do it. I will put in the video, it looks tough and I never did some of that stuff so trying to gain strength so I can do it is going to be tricky. If anyone has any training tips of have done one of these let me know. Me and Brian from Inglorious Blogsters are talking about doing it this year. For more information go to: http://www.devildash.com



Run for your life is a zombie themed obstacle race where you try to not get attack from zombies. Yes, zombies will be there to try to stop you from surviving. It looks like fun, but the closest ones to me is Vegas or San Diego. Vegas is like a few weeks away and San Diego is the same day as Devil Dash here in Phoenix. So probably not this year, but another year I am so in. I don't know if Phoenix would be added, but San Diego or Las Vegas would be good places to do it. They have it in Boston too, but a little expensive to fly all that way for a race. To make things even funnier if you enter this sweepstakes you could get the organizer to pay you $5,000 for your funeral costs... it's not a joke. The catch is that you have the website on your tombstone... that's doable. If you want to find out more go to http://www.runforyourlife.com.





So I wonder what other horror theme races will be coming out. Could be some good ones too if people planned it right. So I think I will be doing the Devil Dash and will let you all know how I do. They say costumes are encouraged, but I am not sure what to do. As you see from the video many people just put on horns and a tail... not very creative and the animal costumes would just kill me. Well they are hot and just not comfortable in. So I'll take ideas. Brain said he couldn't do in wearing a Ghostbuster's jump suite and a proton pack on, but I think that's a cool idea... no one take it. Unless you put his blog's name somewhere on your costume.


No comments:

Post a Comment