Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

New Segment

While sitting in the theater waiting for The Avengers to start, yes I know not horror, but deal with me here. I got a great idea for a new segment. It will be called "What If". This is where I take a non horror movie with absolutely no themes or elements of horror in it what so ever and tell you guys how it could be turned into a horror movie. I will start it off, but then I want you guys to give me movie suggestions and see if you can stump me. I promise to not to use zombies or serial killer in every single one. That's just too easy. I also promise not to get all crazy with the SyFy Channel like crazy plots like Giant Octopus vs Cyclops or something.

So to start this off and then I want to hear your ideas is I am going to take the movie Titanic, since this was the first thing that came to mind. So instead of an iceberg being the ships demise and you even take away the plot of the Poseidon with the giant wave and forget you every saw ghost ship, with that AMAZING opening scene you are left with a lot of possibilities to make it a horror movie. Plus, I promised not to put in zombies or serial killers in every single one.

To make Titanic a horror movie I would throw in a monster being shipped to New York in the steerage area of the ship. Yep, right by the... carriage where the sex scene happens... see how easy it would be for me to throw in a serial killer into this one. So this monster, gets loose, when someone purposely lets it loose on board. It terrorizes the people on the ship and the only safety they have is to abandon the ship via jumping off or lifeboats if they can get to one.

So there's just the example of what I am looking for in this segment. So PLEASE either comment on this post of send me an email at FallenMurphy@gmail.com and I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment