Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

World War Z Trailer


So we finally get to see what the movie is going to look like. I have read the book and while I get why some movies... okay most movies that are based on the book don't match up, but this is one that I think could have been. I had trouble piecing it together and a movie version would help with that. From what I see this is hardly related to the book. There are a lot of things I see in this trailer that make me mad as a zombie fan. I know the movie has had a lot of issues with it from the director and other things.

So watch the trailer before you read my opinion on the trailer.

First of all the whole beginning half of the trailer with them in the car and the mad chaos just doesn't feel right. It looks too clean and you see nothing really dangerous going on. Now I assume in the movie at some point you'll see zombies, but they waited towards the end to show them. And we have no clue what the hell Brad Pitt's character even does and why they need him. I assume he's playing the part of the narrator of the book who interviews people and I think was a doctor or something like that. So I am assuming he's some kind of agent or someone like that because why the hell else would he be traveling to help people. Eh who knows what they were thinking.

Second and this is my main issue what the hell are these zombies on? I definatly don't see the zombies Max Brooks mentions in either of this books (i'm still working on the zombie survival guide), but you can change zombies only so much before they aren't even zombies. The wave of them in what I assume is the middle east or African or the horde trying to climb the wall just doesn't seem right. It's like all the zombies are on Meth or something. Yes, zombies don't have to be slow, but my god do they need to be like...I don't know what moves like that, but still it's horrible. I know zombies are hot right now and some people may want to play around with them, but for me this is like taking the creatures of I Am Legend describing them as vampires, but they are really zombies or visa versa I forgot what those things are. So the zombies are a huge fail. No wonder they were having issues.

Anyone else find it weird that they escape in an RV like the survivors in the Walking Dead?

Lastly, this movie just doesn't speak to me. The trailer just makes me mad rather than wanting to see it. Nice way to ruin a movie people.

No comments:

Post a Comment