Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Horror Block May 2015

I decided to try a subscription box for myself and I went with Nerd Block's Horror Block. There's no theme in them unlike other boxes but here's what I got and my rating on each item and the overall box, plus some views on the process.


The first item was a Hannibal Funko Pop
 I don't watch the show so I don't know who the character I got was, but the name is Jack. Funko are always good quality, it's just not one I'm thrilled with. 2/5

The second item was a Silent Hill shirt. I'm not 100% sure of the material but it seems like a good shirt. 4/5

The third was a Rue Morgue dvd on the best horror shorts. I haven't watched he'd any. More than likely I'll watch them and then be done with it. I've gotten music collections from Rue Morgue and they were ok. 3/5

The fourth item was a trivia again from Rue Morgue on horror trivia. I read through some of it. Pretty interesting for the most part. I'm not a trivia nerd bur I do like history. 5/5

The fifth item was a print of the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Which is one of my favorite Universal Monster movie. 5/5

And the last item was the June Issue of Rue Morgue magazine. I have to hide it from my son since the cover has a graphic image from The Human Centipede 3. I will read/skim the magazine I use to buy it. 4/5

I feel like overall the box is a 3 stars, but I feel like it rook a long time to get to my house. It was suppose to ship on the 25th of the month unless I read that wrong. I got my notice is was being shipped on the 30th of May and it didn't seem to actually ship if UPS site was accurate until June 3rd. I got it on June 6 th. I'm use to my husband's lootcrate that comes during the month not the following month. I canceled but I think I was too late to stop June's box. So we'll see if that one is any good. If so maybe I'll sign up again. If anyone has luck with another horror subscription box let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment