Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Q & A with Fallen Bettie

Who is this Fallen Bettie? Well, that's what I am here to tell you. Here is some answers that I think most of you will find interesting. If you have any other questions to ask feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment on this post. Thanks for stopping by!

Q: Why the name Fallen Bettie?
A: I have always loved the 1950's and the whole rockabilly genre. Girls back then who were beautiful were called betties. I love pin-ups and just find the name bettie to hold a lot of meaning to how a woman should feel. Fallen is a name I have used for years and I find that it goes along with Bettie because, well I am anything but a Bettie. Never was one of those girls, but that's okay I like who I am. 


Q: What was the first horror movie you saw?
A: Well, I'm not sure if there were any that I saw when I was real young and just forgot about them, but I believe the first horror movie I saw was Scream. I did watch the Adams Family and the Munsters when I was a kid, but those aren't exactly scary horror, more like funny haha horror. Anyway, I saw Scream back when it first came out on VHS, yes, VHS, I know what tapes and record players are. I remember enjoying it and thinking that I needed to watch more horror movies. 


Q: When did you get into horror?
A: Back when I started high school, every other girl seemed to be into chick flicks and boybands. I too was into boy bands, but as I saw more and more girls go crazy for these things. As this went on I decided to find something else to get into because I just didn't like where I saw things go. My carpool would listen to metal and as I got into that I also got into horror movies. My best friend and I would pay money to go watch horrible horror movies like Jason X, Jason VS Freddy and so many more. As we watched these movies i started to rent them at the video store, before Netflix existed. If it sounded interesting or the cover looked good I would rent it. Most of them were bad, but I still enjoyed watching them. Especially if I have someone to make fun of them with me. 


Q: Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires, or other movie monsters?
A: Honestly, I am not sure where these movie monsters are heading. Vampires, werewolves and zombies are all popular thanks to certain movies that have come out recently. I will say that I do not get the whole zombie craze, not at all. With vampires I find them interesting, but Twilight only makes me fear where that genre of horror movies are going to go. The movie monster I like the best is Frankenstein. From what I have seen of the movies with Frankenstein he's the monster that I feel is represented the best without doing him more harm. 


Q: All time favorite horror movie?
A: That's a hard one, there's some that I want to put in the horror genre, but they are more suspense/thriller movies. With that said I will give one that I was that got me to love horror and the old black and white movies. Psycho, would have to be my favorite. It got me into loving Alfred Hitchcock movies and horror movies. I know by today standards it's nothing special, but back then the special effects and the idea of a man dressing up like his mother. There is just so much nostalgic with that movie. I think it open the door for current horror and suspense directors. 


Q: Original or remake?
A: Now I have not seen every original and every remake, but from what I have seen I have to say I like the originals better. If you have seen some of the more recent remakes you will see that they are not really remakes, but a modern adaptation or just another addition to the series. So in a way they aren't really remakes. 


Q: Haunted houses, Yay or nay?
A: I have only been to one "haunted house" in my life and I will say they can be a lot of fun. Some of them are real crappy looking or they get in trouble for touching people when they are not suppose to. Movies don't usually scare me, but if done right a haunted house could. Of course I mean the haunted housed that come out for Halloween only, not the real one. 


Q: Worse horror movie you've ever seen?
A: Hm... I have yet to dig deep into movie watching, but out of what I have seen The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity tie for the worse. If you have read my review on 8213: Gacy House, then you will already know this. I find them a way try to make fast money, but most of them are obviously fake. The acting is horrible, the lack of special effects or if there is any they are simple as ketchup for blood. I just do not think they are worth time and or money. 


Q: Do you believe in ghosts?
A: Simple answer yes. Since I was young I have always believed in ghosts and felt them when I have been at certain places. I don't believe that all of us become ghosts or that all places are haunted, but I do believe there are ghosts and haunted places. 


Q: Favorite horror genre?
A: I don't have a favorite per say, but I do like the old black & white movies of the horror classics. They are so raw and real to me as opposed to the movies we see now in the horror genre. 


Q: Horror music/ haunted house soundtrack?
A: I have to say that psychobilly/rockabilly music is perfect for setting that spooky night. With bands like The Creepshow and The Brains, you get drawn into it. You feel like there's something out there watching you, waiting for you to be alone. 


Q: Do you like horror books?
A: I haven't had much time to read for fun, but I grew up reading Goosebumps and Fear Street books. I have started to read the Sookie Stachouse books. I also plan on reading Dracula and Frankenstein, I have never read those books, but I have seen so many movies about them. 


Q: Opinion on the vampire fad?
A: In all honestly vampires have been "hot" for years, I think it all started with Interview with a Vampire. With Twilight it just went all crazy. I am all for reinventing vampires, but I am not sure I like where it's going. Vampires sparkles?! What the hell!! I like the show's Supernatural's take on how they can go out at day, they just get nasty sunburns if they are out for too long. Or how beheading them is the only way to kill them, or with dead man's blood. That's interesting, sparkling vampires are not. I also don't know why know teen girls are so madly in love with vampires, they are not romantic as they think they are. 


Q; Anything paranormal you do not like?
A: Yes, actually. Aliens. I don't really believe in them, and steer clear of any movies about them. I just don't get them and have a hard time believing they existed. I know I believe in ghosts and the loch ness monster, but not aliens. I never had believed in them and it will take a lot to ever get me to believe in them. 


Alright that will be it for the Q & A session, please feel free to ask me more questions I will either pile them up into a part two or just edit this one with the later questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment