Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Howling: Review

I have heard people mention this movie so I figured I should probably watch is and see if it's worth watching the many other movies in this horror series.

Plot: A TV reporter is following the trail of a serial murder. From this experience she starts having traumatic nightmares and is told to go to relax at a place called The Colony. Here instead of resting she is face to face not only with the serial killer, but a colony of werewolves. 




Review: Like zombie movies and TV shows, I am not a big fan of werewolves. I don't know why, maybe they are another clique monster that is becoming too pretty with the latest TV shows and movies. I will never understand the fascination with vampires and werewolves being beautiful, but I'm also not 14. Anyway, I was actually bored with this movie. It took too long for me to see how it was even a horror movie and I just did not by the acting. Dee Williams was better at being scared of her nightmares then when she saw people actually being killed. 


I thought the transformation into becoming a werewolf was too long. Most movies they are transformed quick or a dramatic, this felt like it would take an hour to fully turn. I also was puzzled at how they could be transformed during the day, when werewolves only transform when the moon is full. Yeah, I know you can change it a bit, but still why mess with some basic werewolf facts. 


I also had to stop myself from laughing when I saw Slim Pickens name pop up in the credits. You might remember him from Blazing Saddles, but why he was in the movie is beyond me, Plus, he was a minor character who just kind of popped in and out of the movie. He was minus the neckerchief that he usually is seen wearing. 


So I really don't think this movie is worth watching unless you are bored and want to see what a bad 1980s werewolf movie looks like. Then again I think the original Wolfman, might be the only werewolf movie that is good. So, save this movie for a raining day when boredom gets the better of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment