Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Human Centipede II News

It looks like we have a plot for the second human centipede movie. I will post the entire description, because there is no way I could paraphrase it. The news came out about the sequel because the BBFC or the British Board of Film Classification is rejecting the movie to be released in the UK. Now since I live in the United States I had to look up what exactly the BBFC is. From my research it is an independent industry that gives movies and video games their ratings as well as deeming what can and cannot be released in the UK.

All I can say is that the director is saying that the sequel will make the first one look like my little pony... I am not joking this is what he said. I didn't buy it until I read the discretion. Read below and I will tell you after what I think of this movie based on the information provided.
"The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the ‘human centipede’of the title. Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at ‘18’. This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the ‘centipede’ idea into practice. Unlike the first film, the sequel presents graphic images of sexual violence, forced defecation, and mutilation, and the viewer is invited to witness events from the perspective of the protagonist. Whereas in the first film the ‘centipede’ idea is presented as a revolting medical experiment, with the focus on whether the victims will be able to escape, this sequel presents the ‘centipede’ idea as the object of the protagonist’s depraved sexual fantasy.
 The principal focus of The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture, and murder of his naked victims. Examples of this include a scene early in the film in which he masturbates whilst he watches a DVD of the original Human Centipede film, with sandpaper wrapped around his penis, and a sequence later in the film in which he becomes aroused at the sight of the members of the ‘centipede’ being forced to defecate into one another’s mouths, culminating in sight of the man wrapping barbed wire around his penis and raping the woman at the rear of the ‘centipede’. There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. It is the Board’s conclusion that the explicit presentation of the central character’s obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of its Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers.
Links: Empire  & Shock till You Drop

So do you remember when I did my review on the Human Centipede and I was complaining how it wasn't gory or gross enough for me? Well it know seems like the director has not only listen to me, but has gone off the deep end. I expect to see more gore and what not, but this level of sex and torture sounds more like a snuff film. I don't what kind of sick person thinks up these kind of things. Yes, it you write horror movie scripts and books maybe you are not the most normal person in the world, but this seems like someone who is holding back some sick tendencies.

I am not sure I even want to watch this movie. The description makes me think I will have someone knocking on my door assuming me of enjoying rape, torture and unfit to enjoy my freedom. I am not sure if this movie will be banded in the US as well, but even if it is not I think I will wait to see what people say about it before I even consider watching this movie. So know that you know what this movie is about, will you watch it?

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts are A. who would make a film like this and B. who would want to star in a movie like this. I know people are looking for there big break in the movie business but honestly, getting raped by someone with barbed wire around their dick is not gonna make you a big star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on all accounts. I know there are people who do this for shock value to become famous, but this is defiantly one way to get put in the funny house instead of Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete