Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Walking Dead Season 2: Update and a Mini Review

Okay I have a confession to make... I'm not really into zombies. Yes, I know how dare I not love the walking dead, the living dead. I'm not sure why, but zombie movies, shows, costume never were my thing. Not sure if it's because I know so many zombie/fallout fans who have the Zombie Survival Guide memorized. Or maybe I just don't want to think about living with zombies.  Or maybe because zombies are such a hot commodity and don't want to join the bandwagon just like I will NEVER like sparkly vampires. Whatever my dislike for them I do at times have zombie related media that does make me shut up about how much I hate zombies.

Several months ago my boyfriend brought over season one of AMC's Walking Dead. I was a little unsure about watching this. I did hear a lot of people rave about this show, but I never had a chance to see it. Why? Well, I do not have cable.... WHAT?! Yes, you read that right, I do not have cable, yes I know I am missing out on some amazing shows, but either way I am just find without it. That's what hulu and netflix is for. Anyway, by watching the first season I was surprised that I actually like the show. It is definitely a show I would not think of watching. Maybe because this show plays a lot on human emotion of trying to survive and not so much on the zombies that I like it... or maybe there is something different about it that I just cannot put my finger on it.

This fall the second season will start and we will find out where our caravan of survivors will do next, since their only hope for safety went up in flames. AMC has released two photos of the zombies. They look pretty good, some movies do a poor job at the make-up for zombies. My friends have dressed up as zombies enough that I know that green paint and blood is not what a zombie looks like. It seems like an easy costume/make-up idea, but really it's not. So I will look forward to seeing what the new season will have to offer



Credit: AMC
Credit: AMC

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about this show. Oh speaking of sparkly vampires...are you gonna review that one for your blog??? heheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not teenage vampire drama on this blog. Those books are written horrible. I tried to read the first book to see what all the hoopla was about. I couldn't even finish it. It was written so badly and I'm not book editor. Even Steven King I believe said that at least J.K. Rowling could write unlike Stephanie Meyers. I only saw the first two movies because I was so bored and wanted to watch something new I borrow them from my sister. The movies are just as bad at the books. I don't like the main actress, she's too moppy and I don't think a good actress. So I will never review one of those movies on here, unless someone pays me $1,000 to sit though it and the therapy I will need after watching it, plus how badly I will make fun of it.

    ReplyDelete