Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Book Review: World War Z

I have been trying to finish this book for a while now. I finally was able to and now I get to review it for you guys.

Let me start off by saying if you are not a fan of zombies, but if you like books about war or history, then you might like this book. It is an oral history about when zombies start taking over the world and about how humans were able to overcome them.

The book's main character/narrator is interviewing all these people who had important roles in the war. It is a very easy read and hard to put it down. I decided to read it because I was seeing a lot on the movie that is currently being filmed based on the book. I am not sure how close the movie will be to the book, knowing Hollywood, not by much.

What appeal this book has is that, it has taken the zombie craze that people are obsessed with and put it into reality. What would happen if zombies took over the world and how would humans fair. It is different from all the other things I have seen by the fact it shows that not everyone can survive and how politics would play into it. Most movies are just about not getting bite or how to kill zombies.

So if you like zombies, or what to read a book about war and zombies this is for you.

1 comment:

  1. This book knocked my socks off. His survival guide is highly recommended as well... definitely a much lighter read.

    There is no way that the movie will even come close, sadly.

    ReplyDelete