Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Walking Dead 2x2 Reaction

Let me just say if you have been putting off watching the Walking Dead this season please start watching. It's getting really good and I think it's reminding fans why they love the show so much. By this point last season I was bored and hoping that thing would pick up. So far things are going just as fast as they were in the first season and you are given enough to tie you over to next week and it's not taking 5 episodes to get one thing done.

I still need to read the comics, I have vol 2, but I don't have vol 1 and I think I only read part of that one somewhere online. In case you are wondering why I am stating this, I have heard a few comic book spoilers that this season deals with, and while it probably won't happen I don't want anyone giving me too much information.

Anyway, back to the second episode. I'll do a quick little synopsis and then give you my thoughts. I hope to do this for each episode. That will be 13 in all in case you were wondering.


Who are these guys?
This episode we see the prisoners and our group of survivors, mostly Rick, Daryl, & T-Dog deal with each other. As you expect no one trusts the other and the prisoners have little clue on what's going on.

We also have to deal with Hershel might become a zombie. Carol was taught some basic first aid and how to deliver a baby by him (so having a kid yourself doesn't mean you know what is going on... I'd agree with that) and Maggie is ready to believe he's not going to make it.



My thoughts: I really liked this episode. I was a little bummed when I was listening to some podcasts on the show when they said it wasn't going to have Andrea/Michonne or The Governor in it. I don't know why, but I really want to see all that happens with that plot. I do think it was smart for them to deal with the prisoners first and then go to the other story, unlike the first episode where it was quick 2 minute flashes to what Andrea was up to. So good in my book on sticking to the main group this time.

I thought Rick was starting to slip back into his old self, but without giving anything away he's really doing a good job keeping his group safe. Not being too trusting and knowing when to strike a blow to the head. I was taking notes while watching this episode (yes I do take notes, mostly with movies) and I wrote badass next to his name.

Also, Carl once again runs off and doesn't listen to Lori. We see the tension between them, but still not sure why Carl is so mean to her. I assume we'll get to that in episode 4 since 3 seems to be all about Andrea, Michonne and the Governor based on the upcoming trailer. So Carl while he is being more helpful in his wondering he is still doing it. Bad Carl!

I'm starting to think there's going to be a much bigger role for Carol in this season which is great. Last season I thought she was useless after Sofia was dead and should have been killed off. I think they have big things for her. She's really stepping up and trying to take her duties as a midwife serious.

I think people are right when they say that the show's exec team is listening to fans. For a split second you think Lori is going to get bitten... doesn't happen, but it was a close one. So those who hate Lori... I'm not digging her either you almost get your prayers answered.

Lastly, I heard some people complaining about the new credit sequence. I can see what they mean. For me they go way too fast. I'm not a big person on timing, but listening to the music in the credits and the speed of the names doesn't match. It's a little bothersome, but you really don't need to see the credits.

I found this shirt on etsy and had to share it. There are other great stuff on etsy and maybe I'll make a post on it. http://www.etsy.com/listing/108981664/walking-dead-grimes-2012-ricktatorship-t?ref=usr_faveitems
This Awesome shirt is from Teesquare over at etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/108981664/walking-dead-grimes-2012-ricktatorship-t?ref=usr_faveitems

No comments:

Post a Comment