Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Movie Review: The Devil's Carnival

After their first movie Repo! the Genetic Opera became a cult hit can they do it again with their latest movie The Devil's Carnival? I was hoping they would.

Synopsis: Lost souls enter The Devil's Carnival where they are each faced with the sins they committed in life. (Taken from IMDB) I had to take their synopsis because I just cannot explain it. 



Review: I LOVED Repo when we rented it and hope that this movie would live up to that one. Sadly, for me it did not. I am still a little confused on what was really going on the entire movie. I get that they are all sinners and are being punished, but it's not made very clear for two of them what their sin actually was. 

I only knew one of the stories and that one made no sense to me. It's the Frog and the Scorpion one for those of you who have seen the movie. I get the story, but what was the girl's sin? Loving guys that would hurt her? Doesn't make sense. 

The music fell short too. I still remember the music from Repo. My fiancĂ© has the soundtrack and it's just amazing. The music in this movie isn't as rememberable. The only song that sticks is the one you hear in the trailer... okay maybe two songs, but that's it. The movie isn't even an hour long. So there's a short about of time they have to tell the story. 

I think if you enjoyed Repo you'll like this one, but not as much. Give it a watch and see if you agree with me. Netflix currently has it on instant view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment