Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Walking Dead Season 3 Premiere Reaction

I hoped to watched this sooner and had this up by this morning, but someone didn't want me to see this episode. My internet kept crapping out while I had it loading (I have to watch in on the internet because I don't have cable), my son didn't want to go to bed and I won't watch it if he's in the room and I finally got to the end, when either it didn't load all the way or the only working link I could watch got cut off. So I had to watch it all over again because I could not  start where I left off. I know it's so hard, but I finally got to watch it and wanted to share my opinions of it.

To be fair I might post spoilers. I don't know what people consider spoilers with this show so if you don't want to hear anything about this episode until you watch it then don't read this.


A quick synopsis from the episode is it seems like it's been months since the end of season two. We get that base on the fact the main group has been on the run avoiding the herd and going house to house looking for supplies. Same with Andrea she's been on the run for months with Michonne. They just now find the prison and try to take it over.

Overall I liked the episode. Did it live up to the hype for the new season? I don't think so. It was a solid episode, but it honestly could have been anywhere and worked rather than the first episode. I will say the little tension was nice, but not over done like some of the episode in season 2. There was some great zombie special effects with the riot guard zombies. You are also noticing some personality shifts. Carl some how grew up and seems to dislike Lori, not sure why. Carol and Daryl are joking about sex and seem a bit closer than before. If that relationship continues man the fangirls will be pissed. Rick still seems like he's in his Ricktatorship and everyone is letting him. I'm not sure what's going on with him and Lori, but I think their relationship is pretty much over unless something happens and they rekindle it.

I am a little bummed that they did not get to Woodsberry or shown the Governor. They have been hyping this all summer long and I was hoping to see most of what was in the trailer in this first episode, but I guess next week we'll see him... at least we better. I think that is how they'll piss people off if they prolong by too much bringing The Governor into the show.

I also am not sure where they got silencers or if they made them, but they don't seem like some they need. There still is noise with the shot and I guess the only benefit is that they won't draw as many walkers to them. I also find it interesting that now everyone has a gun. I had to laugh when Rick is trying to kill zombies and he had everyone covering him and Carol almost shoots him and all she says is sorry like she bumped into him.

I will say that the ending is pretty intense and I didn't see any of that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment