Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Walking Dead 3x3

If you don't want to know anything about this episode before you watch it, then please do not read this post. I will be mentioning a lot of spoilers in this post. 

I was looking forward to this episode since I was very interested in the town/settlement of Woodsbury and wanted to see how that would play out. I know nothing about how any of this relates to the comic so what I mention will purely be what I think and based on what I have seen from the show so far.

The sequence of the helicopter crash and what not got me a little confused. Rick saw it in season one, we see it going down in season two near the end and now we see if again crashing, but actually investigating it?! Anyone care to explain to me how this makes sense. There's no way they would have survived all winter long and have one of them survive. I don't think it's two separate helicopters because  well I doubt it would be, but I guess it's possible if they are military.

I have to say the scene with Merle finding the girls and recognizing Andrea was pretty funny. Yeah it's easy for you to love yet hate him at the same time, but I was laughing when he appeared. I wasn't sure who was going to find them and take them to the town. So then the speculation of Merle being the one spying on Carol at the prison may or may not make sense. It's hard to tell.

I think its interesting that Andrea seems so trusting of the Governor and Michonne doesn't. More so that Andrea is trusting. I can see why Michonne would be cautious and not want to stay, but why Andrea is willing to stay could be that she misses being apart of a large group and isn't wanting to be alone. I also find it a little odd the slight flirting between Andrea and the Governor, but maybe it's foreshadow something to come.

I think I saw a lot of complaints about this scene, but where the Governor and his men including Merle who can shoot a rifle with both arms even though he's missing his right hand, yeah doesn't make sense to me, go to "get" the pilot's other men makes sense, but doesn't at the same time. I can see why they killed them all for the supplies since he figures he needs them more, but the gunfire and then tells the young Asian guy to not waste ammo. Yeah, makes no sense. An ambush is a good tactic to go at a military unit and get their supplies, I'm just not sure the gun fire works, plus where are all the walkers that should have started to come towards them?

And the ending... WTF!! So obviously there is something going on here. Why have what I think was about 20 heads of dead people... mostly zombies in tanks in a private room. Yeah something isn't right, but I guess we'll find out later.

I believe that next week's show will be back to the main group. I will say as much as I love that they did not switch back and forth between the two groups it did feel a bit weird to have only one group member in the entire episode. Yeah, I'm not counting Merle since he was only in a few episodes.

So I enjoyed this episode, not ecstatic about it, but it was good enough. Less action than the other two and adds a whole lot of new questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment