Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Classic Horror Movie Section

After being inspired by finding a 12-disc set of 50 classic horror movies I decided that I would have a whole separate section for classic horror movies. Some of these movies are not exactly horror i.e. Metropolis or I know are utter crap since MST3k has made fun of them in their show. I'll still watch them... maybe and report on them. It all depends on how I feel after watching it. So get ready for some of the best and sometimes overlooked horror movies that made horror what it is today... okay maybe not all of the movies, but some are up there in creating a genre for horror writers, directors and actors.


Here's the list of the movies:

The Amazing Mr. X
The Ape
Atom Age Vampire
Attack of the Giant Leeches
The Bat
The Beast of Yucca Flats
Black Dragons
Bloodlust
Bluebeard
The Brain that Wouldn't Die
Carnival of Souls
The Corpse Vanishes
Creature from the Haunted Sea
Dead Men Walk
Dementia 13
Doomed to Die
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Fatal Hour
The Giant Gila Monster
The Gorilla
House on Haunted Hill
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Indestructible Man
Invisible Ghost
The Killer Shrews
King of the Zombie
The Last Man on Earth
Last Woman on Earth
The Little Shop of Horrors
The Mad Monster
Maniac
Metropolis
Monster From a Prehistoric Planet
The Monster Maker
The Monster Walks
Night of the Living Dead
Nightmare Castle
Nosferatu
One Body too Many
The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues
The Phantom of the Opera
Revolt of the Zombies
The Screaming Skull
A Shriek in the Night
Swap Women
The Terror
Tormented
The Vampire Bat
White Zombie
The World Gone Mad

Yes some of the masters of horror movies!!!


2 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite horror movies are on there -- Nosferatu and Phantom of the Opera (the one with Lon Chaney)! Some of the other ones look pretty cool too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Nosferatu is a German film class I took and it's very good. I haven't seen that version of Phantom of the Opera, which is sad since I love the story so much. There are so good ones and yet some left out that I would assume would be more related ie. the bride of frankenstein.

    ReplyDelete