Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Movie Review: Buried

This was the second movie I got from Rue Morgue's contest and while it's not exactly horror it does have that psychological thriller aspect to it. Get ready for this review because... I am going to tear it a new one.

Synopsis: A truck driver wakes up buried alive after his convey is attack by Iraqi insurgents. He frantically calls everyone he can think of so he can survive and get out. His captures ask him to get millions of dollars and to make videos so he can be release.

Review: Do you all remember the movie Phone booth with Colin Ferrel? Well this movie is just like that, but in a coffin and you only see Ryan Reynolds. This is a movie from Spain and mad did it suck. I was bored and within ten minutes I knew it was going to be like Phone Booth. The only difference is after then minutes of watching Phone Booth I stopped watching it and returned it back to the rental store. This one I sat through it hoping it was get better.

Yes, being buried alive is a horrible thing and you add the fact that Iraqis did it to you, you scare people. What bores them is Reynolds grunting and moaning over and over again. I was just bored and was waiting to see if he lives or dies.

So no gore, other than he cuts his finger, but you heard it only. There's a scene were a snake magically appears in his pant leg. Not sure what kind of snake it was suppose to be, but it looked like a black king snake that we have here in Arizona. No climax, no excitement. Just utter boredom. It was like putting a camera in an empty room and claiming it to be a great movie.

I am glad however that this was a free movie that I was given and not one that I bought. It was a huge waste of my time and I am not sure how anyone could love this movie. So avoid this movie at all costs.


No comments:

Post a Comment