Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Movie Review: Trollhunter

This is a foreign film, that I believe they are going to do an American version of. If so I am not sure that is going to be any good. To warn you this movie is one of those "found tapes" documentary movies and while it's not exactly horror trolls are creatures and they can fit into the horror category.

Synopsis: This movie is about a college film crew who is trying to figure out why all these bears are being killed. They believe it is a poacher named Hans and they start following him. What they are about to find out is that he's not killing bears, but trolls. He is the solo reason most people in Norway from having to deal with them. They get in over their heads as they decide to document their journey with him and he's willing to give up national secrets, which puts them all in danger.





Review: I was recommended to see this movie. I put it off, but I will say it was worth a bit of wait. It's a very good movie. It is probably the only "documentary" "found tapes"  movie I have ever liked. That is saying a lot since I usually hate and stay away from this genre all together. Maybe because it's a foreign film that it's done well or it's an interesting concept that makes it good. The acting was done very well. It's not done where it's too cheesy or just bad acting.  I would recommend seeing this movie. It has some great scenes and special effects to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment