Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 17: 30 Day Favorite Horror Film Challenge

Day 17 - Your favorite horror film remake - I'm usually not a fan of remakes. Most that I have seen are pure crap and should have never seen the light of day. There is a rare occurrence where the remake to my surprise is better than the original. I off the top of my head can only think of two. Both by themselves were decent, but when compared with the original they were much better. So the one I personally liked better is 


Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween (2007). The reason why I like this remake is that the original just made the family seem so... normal. Too normal if you look at most slasher movies and serial killer movies. I do like the original, but Rob Zombie made the family dysfunctional enough to explain why Michael Myers became what he was. I was never happy with how the original explain why he killed his sister and her boyfriend. It seemed too.... PG I guess you could say. So when I saw this remake I was glad to see the family messed up a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment