Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Walking Dead Action Figures

So, I guess you can call me a fan of this show. I bought the first season on DVD and hope to either do a weekly recap before season 2 comes out on October 16th or do a single post to recap it since it's only 6 episodes. I never understood why shows on cable networks have 5 to 10 episodes a season and basic networks (i.e. CBS) their seasons have 24. I know with a show like the Walking Dead it's done with movie quality in a 60 minute show, so it's a lot of time and work.

Anyway, in November (the month of my birthday) the 15th if I remember the first series of actions figures will be released. There's actually two series of these first series. WHAT?! There's one for the comic and one for the TV show. There's just one character difference actually. Since I have not read the comics (not yet at least, but I plan to) I like the figures for the TV show better. But that's because it's Daryl Dixon who is played by Norman Reedus, who is in one of my favorite all time movies, The Boondock Saints. So here is the list of the figures to be released and when.



The Walking Dead Comic Book Series 1 releases September 2011, and contains four fan-favorite characters, including Officer Rick Grimes, Michonne, Zombie Lurker and Zombie Roamer.

November 2011 will bring the release of The Walking Dead AMC Television Series line-up of Deputy Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Walker and Zombie Biter.



So, I think these will look great, I will post the pictures that I can find online for you to see. They look pretty cool and I might look into getting them... or since my birthday is just two weeks after they are release someone can buy them for me as a present... kidding you don't have to do that.
Rick Grimes

Daryl Dixon


Zombie Biter

Zombie Walker 

Each figure is about $16.99 US and the two nonzombie figures come fully loaded with weapons and Dixon comes with squirrels stringed up. The Walker Zombie has a wind up feature. The Biter comes with deer meat and a spring loaded jaw. So they are pretty cool to look at and to play with. You boys could use these to attack your little sister's Barbies! Oh and McFarlane Toys are doing them, so you know they'll look cool and be cool.

You can get them at the AMC Shop Store and they are for pre-order. Plus the have other cool things like a board game. Guess what would be fun for a night of drinking with friends... The Walking Dead Board Game. Loser will have to drink a whole bottle of... Steel Reserve... or Jack Daniel's maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment