Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Movie Review: The Last Exorcist

This movie I received from Rue Morgue in a contest I had entered. I will say that I shy away from exorcism movies because they appear to be all the same and growing up Catholic I am not as into them as others maybe. I'm not even sure I knew this movie was made.

Synopsis: A pastor who does exorcisms, yet doesn't believe in demon possessions is making a documentary on how easy it is to trick people into believing they have been cured. He is also doing this since he read several people, a child especially, had died while having one performed on them.

He chooses the first letter he receives and it happens to be a family in the boonies, who's livestock is being slaughtered. What he fines is a more complicated story of a sweet 16 year old girl being "possessed". What he gets is more than he realizes.


Review: Now this is another one of those documentary horror movies, but this one was done well. Maybe because Eli Roth is producing this movie, but it's better than Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity. Done professionally, and none of the teenager handy cam affect. The story and the twist are okay. The story is better than the twist. It does go along with a lot of horror movies of when you think it's all over, there's more to come. I think the ending was a little poorly done. It did not really answer all the questions and I think the audience is suppose to interoperate the ending.

So this movie it done pretty well minus the ending and if you like exorcist movies then go rent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment