Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Supernatural Season Seven Premiere

Cas, Dean and Death

This past Friday was the premiere episode for season seven of Supernatural. Now, for me, things in this show is getting a bit confusing. There's is a lot going on and most of it I have never heard of. So I will try my best to explain things to you all so you won't be confused.

Synopsis: God has been missing for some time and Castiel has taken over as being God. He tells Dean, Sam and Bobby that because they went against him (season six will explain this all) that he could smite them, but he's not. They are lucky to escape his wrath, but he will get them later. The boys and Bobby return to the junkyard where Dean is once again trying to fix their chevy impala and Sam is having memories of Hell coming back to haunt him. There is no sign of Cas (this is what they call him) anywhere until there are signs of mass murders of church leaders and others. They describe the man as a young man wearing a trench coat, which is the exact description of Cas.

I love that Death has a thing for crappy food
So the boys and Bobby summon Crowely, a demon who once was king of hell, to help them kill Cas. The only way to do this is to bound Death and make him kill Cas. In order to do this they need a very old spell, which Crowely is willing to give them. They need a crystal that was made when lightening hit sand for the spell. They preform the spell and Death appears. Death by now is tried of the boys and isn't exactly happy about them binding him. Cas appears looking really bad, he has burns and wounds. We learn that he not only has lots of souls inside of him, but beasts all Leviathans (the first creatures God made).

So after all of this Cas, tries to show that he is a just God, but kills a lot of people and comes to the boys and Bobby for help. Death had told them that if they got Cas, to the gates of purgatory, then they could be rid of him. So they get everything set up, when Lucifer appears to Sam telling him, he's still in Hell and that it was his greatest torture ever. The gate opens and what was inside of Cas, gets sucked in. Cas, survives, but he's taken over by the Leviathans.


My Opinion: This episode was okay. I like this show, but I enjoy the older episodes. For those of you who haven't seen the first several seasons there was no heaven, hell, or angels. It was about the two boys looking for the dad and hunting spirits, demons and other creatures. Things were more simplistic and were pretty good. Now with all this angel business I find myself confused a lot and having to look a lot of the stuff up, because my 10 years of Catholic school has taught me nothing that helps.

I also have been thinking about looking up the Latin they use in their spells. I take Latin, though I am not good at it and I wonder if they are saying anything that makes sense.

I will say that this show has great music. If you are a fan of classic rock like Journey or Led Zeppelin, then you will love the music they use in this show. I personally am not a fan of that genre, I'm a rockabilly/punk fan, but even I like the music.

Other than that I am not sure where this season is going. I really wish they would get back to the boys hunting spirits or bigfoot. I miss those old days. So I will keep watching just to see where this is all going.

No comments:

Post a Comment