Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 3: 30 Day Horror Film Challenge

Day 03 - Your favorite slasher - Okay this one is going to be a hard one, because I LOVE slasher movies. They are probably the ones I've seen almost all of them and the ones that are either really good, or really fun to make fun of. Come on who doesn't love to yell at the screen when the girl is running up the stairs that's she's going to die?
So my favorite slasher movie has to be...


Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). I think I love this movie and the rest of the series because it was a movie that really made you fear something as simple as falling asleep. AS kids we were taught that we would be safe in our dreams and that we would not have to fear anything there. It was the one safe place. Hence, why Freddie Kreuger was probably one of the scariest slasher villain.  The other slasher villians aren't really scary to look at, just the idea of them are. Freddy is scary overall. 


I think one of the best and most scariest things about Freddy is his claws and him tapping them on metal in the movies. You hear those metal scratching sounds it brings all kinds of fears into your body. 


Now I am talking about the 1984 Nightmare on Elm Street mostly. Not the 2010 remake, which if I remember right was just okay. There is no remake that will ever be better for this series. Robert Englund is Freddy and I believe to this day because of his role in these movies he still strikes fear into people. If this is a movie/movies you have not seen then please go see it. Especially, the first one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment