Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 9: 30 Day Favorite Horror Film Challenge

Day 09 - Your favorite exploitation / grind house type film - To be honest I had to look this one up, because I think I've only seen one that was done a few years ago. So based on my research these type of movies exploit something, ie sex, rape, cars and so on. So you could put slasher films in this category, which helps me out a lot. Here's the link to the article in case you are still lost. Some of these movies I wouldn't put in the horror genre, but some fit right in. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_film

So my favorite is House of 1,000 Corpses. I am not a fan of this genre of horror, if you haven't guessed I am sure the Human Centipede would fit right in with this genre. This movie I like because it was Rob Zombie's first movie and it was done very well. It was done well for someone's first big movie and had an interesting story line. I found myself buying this movie shortly after it come out on DVD, which again it is not my kind of movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment