Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 18: 30 Day Favorite Horror Film Challenge

Day 18 - Your favorite foreign horror film (outside of your country of origin) - I haven't seen too many foreign horror films, and the ones I have are the old silent film "horror" movies. The ones that are foreign that I have seen are the American remakes if they are modern. So I had to look up a list of some to see if I had seen any of them. Well I am going to have to go with the old silent film horror movies, because those are the only ones that will fit. Don't worry I have a good listen of them to pick from. 


The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, is not only one of my favorite old movies it is also one of the great classic films. For some people silent films are boring, but to me some of them are truly amazing. This of course is a movie done in Germany so you might have to find a version with English screen titles or captions. Since this is not a well know movie I will give you the plot line. 


The movie is about a zombie like man name Caesar who, at festivals is able to predict the future. His master is Dr. Caligari who keeps Caesar in a coffin when he is asleep. Caesar escapes and starts murdering people. When he finds Jane a beautiful women, he kidnaps her. The story goes on from there, but you get the idea. 


From what I have seen there is a remake done in 2005, but I doubt it is any good and I guess some people call this the original horror film. So there you have it, you want a truly good movie that doesn't need CGI to scare you or give you a fright, then try to find this movie to buy or rent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment